Saturday, January 15, 2011

Let's see how this goes

I'm incredible irritated today for like a million and zero good reasons.  I can't put my finger on the restlessness and angst .. so I'm writing. Maybe I'll get some clarity, maybe I just need to vent. Whatever ... I'm into my second glass of red wine, J is asleep on the couch, the playoffs are on the tv ... blah, blah ... aren't I interesting? I can hear my neighbor downstairs coming home. Married couple, two young kids.  Annoying neighbors in the oddest little ways. They have 2 big ass SUV's and are the only people on the street who didn't feel the need to shovel their cars appropriately out. Well, since they don't own a shovel, and borrow ours late at night when everyone is asleep, attempting to be quasi- ninja about it all with the scrape-scrape-scrape of the shovel against the pavement, ice, my car, what-have-you ... I can understand that they aren't thorough about it.  Shoveling sucks, I get that.  And hey, who am I to talk when my boyfriend is an ANGEL and does it all before I even drag my lazy ass from the bed ... but. still. They shoveled JUST enough BEHIND the 2 trucks so that they can both back out in the same space ... and left a four foot wall of snow where the plows pushed it like, in the middle of the street around their cars.  Looks like absolute shit.  Wish I could draw a picture of it b/c it is so damn hard to describe.  But OUR lovely spot, behind their debacle, our little car, is perfectly, neatly, completely shoveled out, several feet in front, several feet behind, a path through the snow from sidewalk to my passenger side door ... no WALL O' SNOW in the road, thank you very much.  Until today, when maybe they had some issues backing out and had to rev the engines a bit .. and kicked a whole bunch of THEIR mess into our clean spot. My path to the sidewalk, obliterated. WTF? Let's add to this 3 annoying details: 1) When they go out, they move one truck into the MIDDLE of their crappy spot, to prevent neighbors or our company from seizing the prime locale, no doubt. 2) I THINK they have a 3rd car, parked about 2 car lengths behind ours, and about a half-car length from the end of the street, which is utterly buried in snow, totally preventing anyone from plowing the area clean or parking their cars on this side of the street. 3) Lazy-ass could not be bothered to bring his trash out to the garbage cans, because, as expected, they are in the SNOW, so, of course the logical conclusion is to throw barely-closed, stinky bags of garbage right out onto the front porch.  Which, of course, animals have gotten into, so we have orange peels and assorted yuckiness all over the porch, our steps.  Really. I called my landlord, who happens to be my dad. :) J had already pulled a garbage can out of the snow and dumped out the snow, placed it near the porch, (which took all of 2 minutes) so hopefully Grosso-man will clean up his mess and deposit it in the can, hopefully.  UGH. I really want to call public works about the car covered in snow.  Is that the right thing to do? Or should we politely ask him if its his car and if he can move it so we can get someone to plow? No idea what the polite/proper thing is to do when dealing with people who clearly have no problem behaving impolitely and improperly ...

No comments:

Post a Comment